Saturday, March 13, 2010

What is the best flat iron for African American hair?

I've heard CHI, Sofia, Sedu, FHI....but I need to choose one! I have extremely coarse, thick, black hair--no joke...probably the the thickest around. My hair is so thick, hairdressers can't even put me under a hood because my hair takes hours (+3 hours) to dry!!! Please help! Thanks.What is the best flat iron for African American hair?
Well wow my hair isn't even that bad but Chi will work wonders.


With a little heat protectant serum it will wiork tooWhat is the best flat iron for African American hair?
I'm African American as well and I try to use the thin shaped irons and not the fatter ones. If you want cheaper, use the FHI flat iron. I use that and it gets my hair straight and smooth.





I also recommend the GHD flat iron (if you don't mind the price). You should also deep condition your hair before you flat iron.
Hi, so I have been through a lot of flat irons trying to find one that works best for thick hair textures. It is naturally thought of that the more money you spend the better end result, not always true. I ran across an iron at Sally Beauty Supply called Hot n Silky. It is very reasonable in cost and I doubt if u feel as if for the money you didn't get a good product. It heats up to 440 degrees so with the correct tension and technique you shouldn't go wrong.
try the instyler!!! it is great! i am an 11 year old african american girl that has SUPER THICK hair and that is what i use and it works great and it is not expensive at all. you can go to www.instyler.com if you think you might be interested! it is so cool cause it rotates!!!!!!!!!1
dont flat iron ur hair..mines is the SAME way, CONDITION it first..aftr shampooin(rinse) let the conditioner sit for about 30mins..just put a shower cap on n go watch a 30mins show..then rinse it out..itll make ur help smooth and soft..then use SETTING LOTION (foam)..wet ur hair and wrap it with setting lotion...and once it 1000% dry..(over nite) it wont matter what kind of flat iron ull use becus ur hair will b str8..thats what i do..take a lil longer but then ur hair can hold up against the heat damage from the flat iron


good luck :)
Chi!!!





Please Answer Mine?http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
chi is what all of us use at my hair salon, i reccomend it best, i hope i helped

No comments:

Post a Comment